Sunday 9 September 2012

The Grind

Today Charlotte and I tackled "the Grouse Grind". Grouse Mountain lies just north of Vancouver city. The Grouse Grind is a 2.9km trail up the face of the mountain, which consists of 2,830 stairs and elevated 853 metres upwards. We completed it in one and a half hours, the record for a female is 31 minutes...which is crazy!! Although they are described as "stairs", much of the hike is rugged rock face which you have to climb up. Once you begin, you can't turn around and go back the mountain. When we first started I was thinking, what have I got myself into?? However, when you reach the summit there is such a feeling of satisfaction and achievement!

At the beginning, you can see Grouse in the background.


The jumper is off, but I am still smiling!

Half way!
Three quarter mark!
I made it!

View from the summit
The zipline at the Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment